Equalities Objectives 2016-2020
- To promote spiritual, moral, social and cultural development through all appropriate curricular and extra-curricular opportunities. We aim to meet this objective with particular reference to issues of equality and diversity;
- To reduce prejudice and increase understanding of equality through direct teaching across the curriculum;
- To move beyond deterministic notions of fixed ability and to model teaching and learning behaviours that develop a growth mindset and avoid labeling;
- To promote cultural development and understanding through a rich range of first-hand experiences;
- To instill in all stakeholders a positive sense of belonging within our school, local, national and global community;
- To work hard to close any gaps between pupil groups;
- To eradicate prejudice related bullying in relation to the protected characteristics listed in the Equality Act 2010.