Forest School is an inspirational process that offers ALL learners regular opportunities to achieve and develop confidence and self-esteem through hands-on learning experiences in a woodland or natural environment. Our reception children take part in Forest School every Monday!
The children benefit from:
* Learning in a relaxed environment.
* Exploring the constantly changing outside classroom.
* Child led learning – adults facilitate and supervise.
* Developing skills and competencies.
* Self-assessing risk and taking risks.
* Knowing their own strengths and challenging themselves.
* Encouraging independence, confidence and initiative.
* Real life experiences.
* Developing communication, co-operation and skills.
* Interest and enjoyment.
Required Forest School Clothing
* Long sleeved top (arms must be covered).
* Long trousers –not jeans if possible (legs must be covered).
* Suitable sturdy shoes (Wellies/boots). Trainers are okay in dry weather.
* Shoes must have enclosed toes.
* Waterproof trousers and jackets (if the weather is wet).
* Warm coat, gloves, hats, jumpers and layers (if the weather is cold).
* Sun hats and sun cream (if the weather is hot).
* Long hair tied back.
The weather will be assessed before each Forest School session and if necessary the session would be cancelled as we want Forest School to be a positive experience for everybody!
Forest School In Action